I enjoy talking about MONEY at church! That wasn’t always the case. And if I am honest- I allowed several fears (conveniently nurtured by the enemy) to get a foothold. Here are the fears I have when preaching about money (and I know these do not come from God)
- People will leave the church.
- People will say, “all that church wants is “our money”.
- The 1st time guest will think, “I knew it- He wants a raise”.
It is embarrassing to admit that those fears would even cross my mind. Rather than answer them right now- I want to tell you why I teach regularly on Godly principles for money management:
- The number one stress producer in our lives is money or the lack of…
- Jesus talked about money management more than Heaven and Hell put together.
- Because of the financial culture in our country right now fear seems to own the financial emotion of the day
- BUT THE BIGGEST REASON I REGULARLY TEACH ON MONEY- when I see people begin to honor God with their money and its management they grow spiritually in huge ways. In fact, in my experience, there is no greater booster for a growing faith than getting this area right! I have seen no other habit cause people to grow faster than learning to trust God with their finances. Also, you may find this interesting, when money is the topic we always have people committing their lives to Christ for the first time (in big numbers).
So this weekend as we press farther into the Bible for determining how to bring Balance to our financial live- YOU NEED TO BE THERE!