Severe cold weather has struck Tampa! The problem is we moved here to get away from it and forgot how to stay warm. I am amazed at the strategies for keeping warm that some people are applying. We tried new ways to warm up the crowd this weekend. We decided to treat the cold room (should be fixed this week) as a playoff game and let the crowd randomly cheer when I spoke. Kinda interesting- you can hear it on the podcast here. Other than the cold here are some things I noticed on Sunday
- Our volunteers rock! They got there early and set-up went off with out a hitch. I can’t imaging being portable up north.
- Our signage went to another level this weekend. Whether you are driving on the campus or looking for a bathroom- we have a sign!
- I met new people everywhere. This location and the opportunity to put signs out on Friday night is very helpful.
- We kicked off our new series: Fish or Cut Bait!
- I was laughing at our connection area after the service. There were about 12 kids in our huge bounce house and their parents were freezing watching them- they should have gone in with them.
- Finally- we are having our first Open Door on January 24th. If you are new to CATB (last 6 months), you are welcome to come.
Only one catch- you must be signed up! There is a sign-up table on the way in to worship or email me Hal@churchatthebay.com to reserve a spot. If we are full we will make sure you get in the next group (in March). Our house has its limitations.
Did you commit with me to pray this prayer, (I hope so)
to share my faith today”.
See you this Sunday as we discuss- Never Fish Alone!