For years I have been amazed at how God has taken a guy with so many miss-steps, miss-ques, and miss-speaks and still uses me. I remember so many failures and times of disobedience in my life and yet when I repent and trust Jesus’ for forgiveness – He uses me and often uses my failure as a platform for His message. God has not only redeemed me- he has redeemed my failure and uses it for His glory. So on an Easter weekend when we see so many people said yes to following Jesus, said yes to Baptism, said yes to serving, and said yes to God- I am so thankful to Jesus for His grace and strength.
There is also a group of people I am thankful for and it’s our pastors and volunteers! God used you all in HUGE ways. Let me see if I can list a few, let’s begin with Friday Night:
- Friday night the band and tech team nailed our Night of Worship. Great job!
- We Baptized 20 and the baptistry was leaking like a broken pot for the whole service. BUT- our team kept mopping, emptying water, and smiling.
- I thought the Lord’s Supper experience was moving as volunteers led it around tables.
Now how about Sunday:
- Set-up and tear down people- you blow me away- every week you get us going!
- Our greeters were spot on from the parking lot to the front door. I loved watching greeters escort 1st time guests to kids check in and class rooms.
- The ushers doubled up and did a great job of seating people.
- Tech team another great job
- Our kids volunteers cared for almost 200 children! Wow- thank you!
So I just want to say- Thank you Church at the Bay for saying yes to God- and yes to doing whatever it takes to help people take their next step with Jesus. It’s an honor to serve as your lead pastor.
I did have someone ask me if I “lip synced” the song I sang. I told them, “no, the song was live- I lip synced the sermon.