I remember my basketball coach telling me to play defense with my head on a swivel! He was teaching me to fully engage in the game! You see if you are going to be effective in basketball- since it is a team sport- you must be aware of:
- Where you are on the court
- Where the guy you are responsible for is
- Where your team mates are
- And where the other team’s players are
This also translates to offense. The best offensive players have a real “court awareness”. Do you know that not only is life a team sport so is Church. If we do not understand who we are and our next steps as well as next steps for others- we are living an ego-centric, self centered (redundant I know) hedonistic lifestyle that will never honor God.
This weekend we begin to unpack a two week mini-series- Vision 360! The idea is this, what is God’s vision, plan and purpose for my life and how does that impact and connect with the local body of Christ (Church at the Bay). So- CATB- let’s get our head on a swivel and see what is next for ME (week 1) and for WE (week 2). Here is a verse to challenge you to be ready for the next 2 weeks:
- (1) And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. (2) Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:1-2