I remember waking up on Christmas morning, running downstairs, sitting in front of our Christmas tree and just staring until Mom and Dad got up. I would look at the gifts and hope and pray that I got the toys I wanted and not clothes! Finally, Mom and Dad would come downstairs and we would start unwrapping our gifts. Do you remember that magical time? What if you went to your tree on Christmas morning and saw nothing? We know that Christmas is much more than gifts but to a child it all runs together. Let’s make this Christmas different for some needy families in Tampa.
Church at the Bay is partnering with Crossover Church in Tampa to distribute Christmas gifts and food to needy families in the Crossover Church neighborhood. Their pastor tells me they are hoping to share the love of Christ with food and gifts to about 1500 people and they need our help. The food has already been donated. Our task is to help them with a bunch of gifts for the children. Here are some quick details:
- Bring your unwrapped gifts to Church at the Bay over the next 3 Sundays.
- Our trailer will be located on the sidewalk for you to put your gifts in
- These gifts should have a value of between $5 and $10. Please keep that range in mind when you are purchasing.
- The final Sunday for collection is December 11th
- The food and gifts will be given to needy families in the community at Crossover Church on Saturday December 17th and we need some help to hand them out (10am to 3pm)
- If you would be willing to go with me and a crowd from CATB please email me at Hal@churchatthebay.com and we will assist Crossover Church as they distribute food and gifts. (Crossover Church has asked that we not bring children under 10 years old to help in distribution).
Finally, we will not only help some needy families- we will also help position Crossover Church in their community to share the Love of Christ going forward. Sandy and I plan to bring several gifts. I hope you get your whole family involved and do the same. Let’s make Christmas 2011 the best ever!