Have you signed up for our devotions for August? If not you can do so at the bottom of this post and follow the simple directions. Here is day 1 of our devotions “The Better Reading Plan” from YouVersion.com .
“We must let go of the good to grab hold of the better. Living a better life begins with understanding this one key thought from Psalm 84: better is one day with God than thousands elsewhere. His ways are better than your ways. His love is better than life. His blessings are better than material possessions. This week you will read from God’s Word about what it truly means to have a day with God.”
1 How lovely is your dwelling place, lord Almighty! 2 My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. 3 Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar, lord Almighty, my King and my God. 4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. 5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage. 6 As they pass through the Valley of Baka, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. 7 They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. 8 Hear my prayer, lord God Almighty; listen to me, God of Jacob. 9 Look on our shield, O God; look with favor on your anointed one. 10 Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. 11 For the lord God is a sun and shield; the lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. 12 lord Almighty, blessed is the one who trusts in you.
If you have a Smart Phone Get our Church at the Bay App now:
- Go to your app store and get the Church at the Bay APP
- Once you have downloaded it- Click the “Free Bible” tab
- Download and sign up for a free YouVersion account
- Click “browse plans” (at the bottom)
- Keyword- “better”-
- Top selection- “The Better Reading Plan”
- Tap start plan (you can choose from many versions of the Bible- I am using the NLT)
- There is a gear in bottom that you can choose your preferences
If you don’t have a smart phone or would also like to have availability to availability to use YouVersion on your computer:
- go to www.youversion.com
- Click “sign up” (its free)
- Point your mouse on bar on left and choose “Reading plans“
- Keyword – “Better“
- Select “The Better Reading Plan“
- Once you subscribe you can change your setting for- font size, email delivery, reminders, etc.
I love the opportunity to align a teaching series with weekly devotions- we will do it again. I am praying many people take this BIG step.