Everyone has BAGGAGE! BAGGAGE accumulation is part of life! The problem is sometimes we refuse to deal with our BAGGAGE- we never check it- and life becomes unmanageable! You see baggage can so overwhelm you and me that life becomes about managing baggage and not following Jesus. BAGGAGE comes from all directions. Maybe your BAGGAGE is from:
- A friendship that went bad.
- Your parents mistreated you.
- Your boss didn’t promote you.
- You husband left you.
- You experienced the death of a close friend.
- Maybe you have been unable to have children.
- You might have lost a child to death or even a divorce.
I could go on and on and you could grow this list as well. The question isn’t if we have baggage- we do- the question is how will we deal with it? In the verse below the writer of Hebrews talks about BAGGAGE and how those who have gone before us are watching. They are cheering for you and I not to lose focus.
- Hebrews 12:1-2 (1) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. (2) We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.
If you are interested in dealing with your baggage or you have a friend who can’t move because of the BAGGAGE they are carrying- plan to attend our series that begins this Sunday- BAGGAGE!
If you missed this weekend – here is the video teaching…