I believe the most powerful people force in the local church are our volunteer leaders. Church at the Bay has 100’s of people who volunteer and make a difference. I love the distinction LifeChurch.tv makes between enlisting volunteers or releasing leaders. Volunteers are enlisted to do a job, leader are released to change the world! I believe volunteer leaders are what the Apostle Paul says pastors must equip:
- (11) Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. (12) Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. Ephesians 4:11-12
How do we do this at Church at the Bay? We have had several training events for different areas of ministry during the year- and will continue ministry specific training. On Sunday, August 15th (right after a quick tear down) we are unveiling a brand new tool to help develop and release leaders- LEAD NOW. Let me talk basics:
What is Lead Now: It is a bi-annual event that will focus on leadership development. This will not be ministry specific training but a global leadership focus. During Lead Now we will
- Eat lunch (so you must sign up)
- Provide Childcare (so you must sign up)
- Spend about 1.5 hours together in training and dreaming
- Cast some CATB vision for the next year!
Why attend Lead Now: We believe that God has called us to be difference makers in our world. We want our volunteer leaders to on, dream and implement ministry on “whole nutha level.” So, we believe we need to focus on equipping leaders.
Who can participate in Lead Now: If you presently volunteer at Church at the Bay or are considering volunteering we want you there.
How can I attend Lead Now: Email Neal@churchatthebay.com and tell him how many adults and how many children (and their ages).
achieve its God Potential-