If you have been around The Bay very long you know I am a Christmas-aholic. I love everything about this time of year:
- The weather
- The walls
- The decorations
- The parties
- Watching kids
- The GIFT of God!
- The anticipation in the air.
Last year, I pushed Sandy for a world record: we put our Tree up the day after Halloween! It was too long- but I had to try. This the Tree went up on Sunday afternoon and will be decorated this week. Did I mention I love Christmas?
Here is a quick list of “Go Gods” for this past Sunday:
- The weather was absolutely incredible- 68 degrees and not a cloud in the sky!
- We had some light bar glitches that guys had to get there early and fix- and they made it happen.
- A bunch of new people showed up.
- People took their 1st step and others took their next step with Jesus Christ!
- We gave away our 200th and last Angel Tree Angel. That is 50% more than last year- you guys rock with generosity. Make sure you have the gifts here by this weekend.
- We unpacked our plan to unpack a new series this coming weekend
- If you missed this weekend we had a great time talking about Gratitude (The Bailout)– listen here
By the way, we are giving everyone from 1st grade through adults a gift this weekend that will make a difference this Christmas season in your life (and others for that matter). No it’s not my message- this actually has monetary value! Good news is- everyone attending gets “IT”. Bad news is we will not do it the next weekend! My prayer is that we find God’s way to maximize this Christmas season for the Kingdom. How cool would it be if this Christmas we could help people establish a growing relationship with the real GIFT OF CHRISTMAS.
Plan to be there this weekend as we Celebrate the Lord’s Supper and unpack an interesting gift.