The weather is absolutely incredible in Tampa right now. The days get a little warm (mid 80’s) but the evenings and mornings are in the 60’s. I love Tampa weather. We went after our 3rd Urban Legend this weekend: Forgiving is Forgetting! If you missed the service – the audio portion will be up here by Monday afternoon. So here is a quick download of the weekend:
- As you walked up to the auditorium we had the “pop rocks/ Coke challenge”. You know the Urban Legend that says you can’t eat pop rocks and drink coke without exploding. Several proved that myth wrong (several times each).
- The band brought it big time- the energy in the room was great
- I think the interview with Satan was the best yet.
- The topic of forgiveness is always tough because of so many wounds people have
- To really forgive we need to do some hard work. This often causes more pain. (1) Determine who you need to forgive, (2) Make a list of what they owe you, (3) Decide they don’t owe you anymore
- As I asked people to raise their hands for prayer- I knew many people were really wrestling with forgiving. Tough areas like, adultery, sexual abuse, theft, deceitfulness and the list goes on
- We challenged people to make their lists and then surrender them to God
- Several people also committed their lives to Christ
- On the way out- Snow Cones were back!
- We also had a newcomers pizza lunch/QandA and over 20 came
- Had a great time with about 3000 church planters last week at the Exponential Conference in Orlando
- This is the last day to sign up for our Marriage retreat this weekend. Go here for more info- over 60 people already signed up.
- We will have our Ladies Brunch May16th (Sandy is making me write this and “chicking” up my manly blog!) You can buy tickets for $15 after our weekend services. This SOLD OUT the last 2 years.
- We will have baby Dedication on May 17th
Finally- Our interview with Satan from this weekend…
If you can’t see the video- CLICK HERE