On Saturday, I read these verses from Jeremiah 29 and God encouraged me greatly
- (11) For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (12) In those days when you pray, I will listen. (13) If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.
The words that rang out for me were “looking for me (God) wholeheartedly”, you will find me. Does that verse up the passion in your life? It did mine!
This weekend was a solid experience. Here are the bullet points you love:
- Our set-up folks got in 30 minutes late- but our team turned it over like the pros they are and everything seemed to go off without a hitch. Our leaders get this mantra- whatever it takes!
- We launched OZ.
- We had a visitor this weekend that looked strangely familiar. The Great Oz graced our presence- here is a quick clip of our interlude (2 minutes).
- This series will take us back to the basics of what life is really all about. The big question is- What is in your blank? If you missed this weekend, I will post the video at the end of this blog.
- When we concluded our 10:30 service we got ready for Lead Now.
- Tear down took about 15 minutes and then it was on to a healthy lunch- Pizza!
- Most of the children went to Gator Fred’s and had a ball.
- We had 115 Adults stay for our Lead Now leadership event! You guys blew me away.
- Last week in staff we said- if we had 80 we would be pumped- but we had 115. You all get that we are about “helping people take their next step with God” and you are willing to sharpen your skills.
- Thank you Church at the Bay leaders- you just get IT!
I think the Lead Now event was worth the investment. We are considering doing it 2 times a year, in August and then again in January. I would love to hear your feedback.