We began a new series this weekend- Life’s Healing Choices. It is a study of the Beatitudes (Matthew 5) that Jesus taught. The Beatitudes were meant to be lived and not just learned- we must apply the truth. This week our 1st Choice is: I ADMIT I need help; that I’m powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable. If this sounds a lot like AA or some other recovery program- good! The 12 Step and 8 Step Recovery programs find their beginning in the Beatitudes. The truth is- we are all in Recovery! We all need to make this choice together! This weekend in bullet points:
- The AC worked in our Children’s Ministry- thank you God! (For those who don’t know what I am talking about- we experienced an outage last weekend because of lightning).
- JP, April, Stephen and the band rocked it this weekend! I told Blaine the measure of a leader is how it goes when he is not there- great job!
- We are beta-testing live streaming of the Sunday service. It is working- if you are going to be out of town and want to help the beta test- email Blaine@churchatthebay.com for the link.
- Father’s Day weekend should be a lot of fun!
- This Saturday we have a party at Honeymoon Island from 10am til…
- We will baptize at about 11 am. If you need to sign up email Neal@churchatthebay.com
- Sunday we will be celebrating the Lord’s Supper.
- Also, Sunday we will have opportunity to sign up to sponsor a child in Haiti. If you need more information go to our CATB Haiti Orphan Blog. I am not asking you to pray if you should- please pray and ask God how you can! Let’s do this church.
- Here is the video of Pastor Joseph in Haiti.